Oracle for Research
Oracle for Research is a non-revenue generating arm of Oracle that aims to support impactful research being conducted in academia, non-profits, and government institutes. They offer a variety of awards and free opportunities providing free cloud computing resources for use in research as well as PhD student training in cloud computing.
- Cloud Starter Awards provide a free £750 in cloud credits requiring no credit card to get started with a test environment on Oracle Cloud. We offer 1:1 onboarding sessions to get you up and running and provide technical support.
- Research Project Awards provide free Oracle Cloud credits to support 12-month research projects which could make use of cloud computing resources. This includes access to compute, GPU, HPC, storage, and much more. Alongside this we offer support in marketing your research outputs!
- The Research Fellows Programme is a competitive offering which provides all of the perks of project awards alongside $100,000 in cash to support 3 research projects per round.
- The Doctoral Outreach & Training Initiative (DOTI) is a programme offering free 1-day training courses for PhD students to learn what the cloud is and how it can be used for research.
- Doctoral Project Awards provide all the perks of project awards but with added opportunities for PhD students to become part of an Oracle for Research community. Oracle for Research will support students in presenting their work internally at their institution as well as provide opportunities to present their work to and network with other award recipients across the UK.
To learn more about these opportunities please and see if Oracle for Research could support your work, please get in contact with Ryan Payton at email@example.com.