12th July 2022, 8:30 to 16:00
HVB Bioactives Workshop: sharing expertise, building consortia and capacity
The Grand Hotel, Station Rise, York
This event will explore the HVB community of researchers and end users who have an interest in
bioactive molecules. The workshop’s remit will cover discovery research, platforms for biosynthesis
of new molecules, scaling up target bioactives, biocatalysis and chemical modification, and activity
A mixture of short talks, facilitated discussion groups and networking will enable the participants to
work towards the main workshop objectives:
- to explore targets for molecules and functionalities from end-users;
- identify strengths of UK research;
- to develop appropriate structures for collaboration e.g. HVB Bioactives Consortium
Places are limited and we invite HVB members interested in bioactives to apply before Tuesday, 24
May, by emailing email@example.com with the following information:
- Full name
- Email address
- Dietary requirements
- Access requirements
- Do you need accommodation in York on 11 July?*
- Will you attend an informal dinner on 11 July?*
- Profile (To assist with networking, please submit a short summary of your expertise and any areas
where you would like to collaborate. This information will be shared with other delegates).
- In addition, please suggest a major challenge and an opportunity for bioactives research.
We will use this information to develop the detailed workshop programme and invite short
talks. Talks will be limited so do let us know if you have a topic you would particularly like to
*On the evening before the event, we can provide accommodation and we plan to organise an
informal dinner in York.
Places will be confirmed on 25 May; participants will be selected by HVB staff to ensure a good mix
of expertise at the workshop. A waiting list will operate if demand exceeds place availability.
The workshop is free for HVB members but participants must pay for their own travel costs.
Please read the workshop Terms and Conditions before applying for a place.