5th July 2022 11:30 to 6th July 2022 16:00
HVB & BBNet ECR Workshop: An Early Career Researcher Toolkit for the Bioeconomy
The HVB and BBNet NIBB are organising a joint event for ECR this summer in York. ECR are invited to the York Marriott Hotel on 5-6th July to network with other ECR, meet key opinion leaders from academia and industry and discuss the future of Industrial Biotechnology.
ECR will have the opportunity to present their research, either by presentation or poster, develop their networking skills with a professional coach and multiple networking opportunities, learn about scaling up and commercialisation and hear about different career paths beyond academic studies. There will also be an optional site visit to see industry in action.
ECR will hear from, and have the chance to network with:
- Paul Mines, Biome Technologies Plc
- Rebecca Wood, Croda Europe Ltd
- Simon Saxby, Leaf Expression Analysis
- Matthew Hodges, Oxford Biotrans
- Stuart West, Biocatalysts Ltd
- Gavin Milligan, Green Knight Sustainability Consulting
- Jason Hallett, Lixea
- Joe Ross, Biorenewables Development Centre
- Ian Graham, HVB Director
- Simon McQueen-Mason, BBNet Director
The event, catering and accommodation will be provided by the Networks, however travel costs will not be covered. Please see our terms and conditions before registering. Deadline for registration is 31st May 2022. Spaces are limited therefore please book early to avoid disappointment.
To book your place complete this Google Form.