Opportunity to join the BBSRC People and Talent Strategy Advisory Panel (PAT SAP) Researcher Subgroup
The People and Talent Strategy Advisory Panel (PAT SAP) Researcher Subgroup was developed to focus on issues related to Researcher careers and development. In light of the everchanging landscape of postdoctoral research including the publication of the Researcher Concordat, new ways of working and insight into alternative careers of researchers, the membership of the subgroup is currently being refreshed.
There are currently 8 opportunities to join the PAT SAP Researcher Subgroup, covering 4 current vacancies and 4 outgoing members towards the end of 2021.
The Subgroup is an excellent opportunity for those interested in:
- helping shape BBSRC strategy for researchers
- influencing future funding calls
- being a voice for the needs of the BBSRC researcher community
- building experience for your own career development
- being an ambassador for BBSRC amongst your organisation and colleagues.
Applications are sought from researchers, fellows and postdoctoral researchers which qualify under our definition of ‘researcher’. This definition includes the following people:
- Postdoctoral researchers at any time during their postdoctoral careers as there is no requirement on the number of postdoctoral positions held/or not, both from academia and industry;
- Researchers post-PhD and therefore excluding PhD students and postgraduate masters research students in both academia and industry;
- Fellows such as BBSRC Discovery Fellows or equivalent in the early stages of developing independence in a lab/group;
- Individuals who are in the first years of their career after their PhD who are employed mainly/solely to conduct research.
The deadline for applications is 15th December 2021, 16:00.
More details and how to apply can be found here: https://bbsrc.ukri.org/skills/developing-careers/people-and-talent-early-career-researchers-subgroup/